Getting romantic waves at salon is expensive, so why not do it at home?
Using a curling iron to curl your hair and then turn it into waves. The photos correspond to the numbered steps below the collage, starting with the upper left photo.
1. Create two-inch sections of hair using an alligator hair clip.
2. Take out one section and clip the rest of the hair aside.
3. Spray the section your about to curl with hair spray.
4. Before you curl each section, run the curling iron over the end to make sure it’s smooth.
5. Starting at the base of hair closest to your roots, wrap the stand of hair around the iron away from your face so that the wave will flow away from your face instead of into it.
6. Unravel hair carefully as you take out the curling iron and repeat with the rest of your hair.
7. Now you’ve got some pretty cute loose curls. But we’ve gotta wave ‘em up!
8. Flip your head upside down and mess up those curls. Be sure to separate the curls you’ve created so you don’t end up with giant ringlets.
9. Turn on your Hollywood starlet attitude and call it a day!