This nail design is relatively easy to do. But if this is your first attempt at drag marbling, it’s well worth practicing on a practice wheel or a piece of thick paper first. Once you get comfortable with the technique, there’s plenty of room for experimentation! Drag marbling can be used to create anything from colorful designs.
- 6 opaque, well-pigmented nail polishes in rainbow colors
- Opaque white nail polish
- Dotting tools
- Top coat & base coat
- Apply 2 coats of opaque white nail polish on all nails. Allow it to dry for 5-10 minutes but don’t let it dry completely.
- Now, work one nail at a time. You’ll need to work quickly so first prepare all the tools and the colored polishes you’ll be using to create the rainbow drops. Put generous drops of colored nail polishes on a piece of paper. Put the dotting tool and needle next to them. Now, paint one nail with a 3rd layer of opaque white polish and quickly add colored dots of overlapping polish as pictured.
- With a needle, gently drag the colorful dots in one direction. Do not use a lot of pressure, your aim is to drag the dots not to scratch your nail.
- Repeat steps 2 & 3 on all nails.
- Clean around the cuticles. If required and seal your design with a generous layer or two of quick drying top coat. Allow sufficient time for your design to dry.
Will you give this a try? Let us know in the comment below!