Add some colors to your room by up-cycling empty nail polish bottles into these colorful flower bud vases!
- empty or almost empty nail polish bottle;
- plastic cup (disposable one);
- spray paint (any color you like);
- yarn or twine scissors;
- Peel off any existing labels from the nail polish bottle. If it does not remove easily, try soaking it in warm water or check out this video for additional tips.
- Pour any remaining nail polish from the bottle into a plastic cup and toss out.
- Place the bottle on newspaper sheets to protect your workspace and spray paint until it is completely covered. A few light coats should do the trick. Follow the manufacturer’s directions when painting and always work in a well-ventilated area. Let dry.
- Run the button through your yarn until it reaches the center of the yarn. Wrap the yarn around the top of the bottle. Tie a knot at the back of the bottle or behind the button and cut off any excess yarn.
- Before adding water or a flower bud to the vase, make sure the nail polish inside the bottle is completely dry. You may need to let it dry overnight. Dab a qtip or toothpick inside to check before proceeding.
Isn’t this DIY project easy and cute? Will you give this a try? Let us know in the comment below!